Data Pitch applications are closed.
The Data Pitch programme ends in December 2019. If you’re interested in finding out more about our approach to the application process, please see below for detailed documentation.
Apply to Data Pitch in 4 simple steps.
1. Identify challenge
Start by reading the challenges set out on the challenge page and select the challenge that you can solve with data. We have 16 different challenges in three different tracks:
- Data Provider Challenges: These challenges are set by data providers and the solutions for these challenges will need to use the datasets provided by data providers. You can include other data sets in your solution as long as the data providers dataset is incorporated and the solution addresses the specific problem of the challenge.
- Sector Challenges: These challenges are more general and can be solved with a combination of closed, shared and open data. You need to state the data that you are using in your application and verify that you have access to it.
- Open Innovation Challenge: This challenge welcomes any other innovative data companies who have access to shared data and would like to suggest a solution.
2. Apply on F6S
Here are the full steps for completing the application on F6S:
- 1. Select the challenge that you are applying for.
- 2. Fill in the basic information section on the application form. This includes agreeing to the declaration of honour, the ethics statement as well as agreeing to attend an interview if your application is shortlisted.
- 3. Fill in the proposal section of the form: The proposal is broken into three sections: idea, impact and team and budget. Each section needs to be completed.
- 4. Provide further documents. Please upload your pitch deck as well as proof of the dataset that you are using if you are applying for a Sector Challenge.
Shortlisted companies will be invited to attend a 30-minute remote interview with a panel. During the course of the interview, the applicant will present their proposal in 5 minutes with slides. The rest of the time will be used for questions. Based on the decision of the expert panel, a second, face to face interview might be required and will take place in London in late November.
Interviews will take place between Monday October 29th 2018 and Friday November 9th.
Due Diligence Checks
Due diligence is performed on the status of the company.
Milestone Definition, Success Criteria and Media
Before starting the accelerator programme, the applicant and Data Pitch agree on milestones and success criteria.
Applicants who reach this stage of the process are formally accepted into the 6-month accelerator programme between April 2019 and September 2019.
Successful SMEs from the incubation stage will graduate from the programme.
Publication date of first call: 2nd July 2018 12:00 noon CEST
Deadline of first call: 2nd October 2018 12:00 noon CEST
Interviews: 29th October – 9th November 2018 (remote interviews)
For more info send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
Immediate family, domestic and non-domestic partners and those with financial ties to members of the Data Pitch Consortium may not apply. If you have a prior relationship with any consortium members that you feel may constitute a conflict of interest please email email@example.com for clarification.
Guide for applicants
Interested in applying to Data Pitch?
Apply on F6S
We have run a series of webinars for the second call to answer questions on the application process, as well as some challenge-specific webinars.