Can I join Data Pitch?
Data Pitch is for startups and SMEs who:
- Want to create products and services with data
- Want to work alongside established businesses and corporates
- Are registered in an EU country
Why join Data Pitch?
- Build new solutions to challenges that affect businesses and the public with data
- Receive equity free funding of up to €100k
- Demonstrate your data expertise to potential clients and investors
- Be part of an ecosystem where you can share ideas and collaborate with other startups.
- Benefit from mentoring, office space, networking opportunities, communications support and other business resources
Is my startup or SME eligible?
- SMEs should be registered with the European Commission
- Eligible countries: EU member states, associated countries eligible to receive Horizon 2020 funding
- < 250 employees
- < 50 million Euros turnover
- Your company must enter as a single organisation, consortia are not allowed
What’s the application process?
- Come and explore new data at datathons in Spring 2017 (more coming soon)
- Apply for the Data Pitch programme from 1st July 2017
- Applications are assessed in the autumn and successful startups join our Data Innovation Lab in January 2018
- Receive funding and a support package to develop new services and products
What are the timeframes?
In Spring 2017 Data Pitch will work with organisations and businesses to define the challenges and provide datasets. We will also partner with established datathons in June 2017 so startups can explore the data in advance of the application period.
Applications for startups to join Data Pitch will open in July 2017. Successful applicants will be notified in October, and will begin the programme in December. Completion of the programme will take place in July 2018, when the process starts again with another call.
Where do I start?