Is Data Pitch for me?
Data Pitch is for organisations who want to explore an open innovation approach with data. We offer bespoke support: from data sharing technology, to the legal aspects of data use and engagement with startups.
Data Pitch can also support organisations running their own innovation programmes or collaborating with startups and SMEs to build data services.
Why join Data Pitch?
- Access to skilled startups who can build solutions to your challenges
- Bring fresh ideas into your organisation quickly with low risk and low cost
- Utilise Data Pitch’s data sharing know-how, plus its legal expertise and its experience working with startups
- Learn more about your data and how it can be used with other data
- Forge a relationship with an innovation partner
- Find a company you may want to invest in
What’s process for working with startups and SME’s?
- We work with you to define a challenge that’s affecting your business or wider society
- Startups explore data at a datathon, and can then apply to the project
- With you we select the best startups to join our Data Innovation Lab
- We fund and support these startups to securely access your data and develop solutions, mindful of all relevant legalities
- The solution is yours!
How will my data be managed?
- It can be hosted by you, a secured infrastructure managed by Data Pitch at the University of Southampton, or the chosen startup
- You retain the rights on and control over your data throughout the process
- You can define an NDA with your chosen start up to protect your business
What are the timeframes?
In Spring 2017 Data Pitch will work with organisations and businesses to define the challenges and provide datasets. We will also partner with established datathons in June 2017, so startups can explore the data in advance of the application period.
Applications for startups to join Data Pitch will open in July 2017. Successful applicants will be notified in October, and will begin the programme in December. Completion of the programme will take place in July 2018, when the process starts again with another call.
Where do I start?