Apply to Data Pitch
The 2017 call is now closed. The new call opens in summer 2018.
1. Identify challenge
Start by reading the challenges set out on the challenge page and select the challenge that you can solve with data. We have 12 different challenges in three different tracks:
- Data Provider Challenges: These challenges are set by data providers and the solutions for these challenges will need to use the datasets provided by data providers. You can include other data sets in your solution as long as the data providers dataset is incorporated and the solution addresses the specific problem of the challenge.
- Sector Challenges: These challenges are more general and can be solved with a combination of closed, shared and open data. You need to state the data that you are using in your application and verify that you have access to it.
- Open Innovation Challenge: This challenge welcomes any other innovative data companies who have access to shared data and would like to suggest a solution.
Here are the full steps for completing the application on F6S:
- 1. Select the challenge that you are applying for.
- 2. Fill in the basic information section on the application form. This includes agreeing to the declaration of honour, the ethics statement as well as agreeing to attend an interview if your application is shortlisted.
- 3. Fill in the proposal section of the form: The proposal is broken into three sections: idea, impact and team and budget. Each section needs to be completed.
- 4. Provide further documents. Please upload your pitch deck as well as proof of the dataset that you are using if you are applying for a Sector Challenge.
Shortlisted companies will be invited to attend a 45-minute interview in person, in London, UK (exact venue to be determined) with a panel. During the course of the interview, the applicant will present their proposal in 3 minutes with slides. The rest of the time will be used for questions. Further slides can be added to the annex of the pitch deck.
Interviews will take place between Monday October 30th 2017 and Friday November 3rd.
Due Diligence Checks
Due diligence is performed on the status of the company.
Milestone Definition, Success Criteria and Media
Before starting the accelerator programme, the applicant and Data Pitch agree on milestones and success criteria.
Applicants who reach this stage of the process are formally accepted into the 6-month accelerator programme between February 2018 and July 2018.
Successful SMEs from the incubation stage will graduate from the programme.
Publication date of first call: 1 July 2017 12:00 pm CEST
Deadline of first call: 1 October 2017 12:00 pm CEST
Interviews: 30 October – 3 November 2017 (face to face interviews, London, UK)
Email: [email protected]
Guide for applicants
Interested in applying to Data Pitch?
Apply on F6S
We will be running webinars to answer questions on the application process.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under the Grant Agreement 732506. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials created by the Data Pitch consortium are licensed under CC-BY 4.0